AEROPRESS BREW GUIDE
possibly the easiest and most convenient way to brew coffee at home or on the go. A must have brewer for weekends away and camping trips, not only because of how small it packs away but because it can make a seriously tasty brew!
Luckily that almost everything you need to brew amazing Aeropress comes with the original unit. But as a checklist, make sure you have the following;
Get the kettle on the boil and grind out your coffee beforehand. I like to use 13g of medium grind size filter coffee to 200ml of water.
- Add your filter paper to the Aeropress cap and thoroughly rinse with your hot water. We like to use 96degree water temperature
- Put the plunger rubber stopper in up to about the #4 mark on the Aeropress 3. Invert the Aeropress and place on your scales so you can add your coffee and hot water
- Preheat your Aeropress and then empty again before brewing (optional step, but recommended)
- Add your 13g of ground coffee to the Aeropress and tare the scales back to 0 6. Start your timer and pour in 200g of hot water
- Stir for 5-10 seconds and ensure all coffee is saturated and well mixed
- Add the cap with the filter paper
- At the 1:30 mark on your timer invert your Aeropress onto the cup
- at 1:45 start your plunge! Gently and consistently, this should take 15-30 seconds to complete and all water should be pressed through
- Empty and rinse your Aeropress then enjoy your filter coffee!
-If your coffee tastes too weak or watery, try adding more coffee and a finer grind size -If your coffee tastes too acidic, try a longer brew time or a finer grind size
-If your coffee tastes bitter try a quicker extraction or a coarser grind size