Making cold brew at home is easy and convenient. For most of our coffee-obsessed team, a strong cold brew becomes the drink of choice throughout summer and this Hario pot is our go to kit for the job when at home!
With the Hario Mizudashi Cold Brew Pot you can create 1L of cold brew at a time and easily store it in the fridge for a good two weeks (if it lasts that long!). As with all home brewing, we recommend to play around with a few different recipes to find the perfect brew for you! Have you tried cold brew espresso martinis??
A BASIC RECIPE
- Grind 80g of Old Quarter coffee on an extra-course setting. If you drink with milk and love a strong brew you could do like we do and use 100g.
- Pour 1 litre of cold, clean (filtered if you've got it!) water on to the coffee
- Brew in the fridge for between 12hrs- 24hrs. You can also brew warm on the counter. Bare in mind that your coffee will extract slower in the fridge.
- Once it's finished steeping, remove the filter and you can either store in the fridge in the pot or transfer it to another bottle so you can get another brew on the go!
SPECS & FEATURES
- Brews 1 Litre or approx. 4-5 cups
- Hario Heat-Proof Glass
- BPA-Free Plastic
- Dishwasher Safe
- Dimensions: (W) 138 x (D) 94 x (H) 294mm
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
- Low Acidity, Low Bitterness - put simply cold brew is smooth baby smooth.
- No experience needed - this is the most approachable and simple way to brew great cold coffee at home
- Save money on filters - the Hario Pot features a permanent 60 micron mesh filter which keeps coffee grounds out of your brew. It's built to last and easy to clean!
- So Convenient - You can make your cold brew in advance, store it in the fridge for two weeks and grab it when you need it!
Is that the time?
I've enjoyed the Baristas Choice Coffee Subscription in Melbourne during 2021 - OQCM's coffee is first rate, the variety is interesting & unique, the business model; inspiring. Subscription service was above & beyond - Amelia went out of her way to provide excellent, friendly customer service. 10/10 would recommend!” Tiffany Smith - Google
”I've been buying this coffee for 2 years now and it's honestly the best coffee I've had so far. The Vietnam K'Ho is definitely my fave but all their coffees are bloody delicious. I was a little late placing my orders sometimes so now I order through their subscription service which is super convenient, plus saves me paying for shipping! 10/10 recommend to anyone who loves coffee.” Beatrice Eichler - Google
OMG if you haven’t tried this coffee yet you need too. How refreshing is it to drink coffee that hasn’t been over roasted and you can taste all the individual flavours of each bean? I’m hooked. Knowing it’s ethically sourced makes it taste even better.
Thanks OQ. Tom Bridge - Product Review